There is a chance that you have decided that you would like to play the violin and there are different reasons why you may want to do this. First and foremost, you may be interested in wanting to play the violin because of the beauty of the instrument. It can produce sounds like no other. People would have to admit that the sounds just sound more dramatic whenever the violin is used to play.
Highly skilled violinists are well known and admired because playing this instrument is not very easy. A lot of effort would have to be made in order to make sure that it will be played quite well. Would you like to learn how to play the violin?
There are different things that you ought to know so that you will not have a lot of problems:
- Get Your Own Violin – You cannot expect that you will be able to play the violin properly without having your own instrument. You have to make sure that you will purchase your own. This can be a problem if you do not have a high budget but when you start, you don’t have to get an expensive one. It usually does not cost much for a beginner violin set, which can be a few hundred dollars only. Do remember that it is always good to have your own instrument!
- Make Sure that Your Violin is in Tune – One of the main headaches violin learners have, is their violin going out of tune. You can’t play or learn when your violin is out of tune. If you have a violin teacher, then you can get help from her. Otherwise, you have to learn how to tune it yourself!
- Have the Right Accessories – A violin set only comes with a bow and the violin. That is the basic you will need. However, you will need other accessories as you go along. You may need a shoulder rest to help you get better support with your violin. You will need a rosin for your bow. You need a good violin case to protect your violin too!
Now that you already have all the needed items in order to start learning how to play the violin, the next step that you have to take is to make sure that you will learn how to play the violin properly. At this point, you have two options.
Your first option is to engage a violin teacher who can help you out. While people may be able to learn how to play the violin better when they are young, it does not mean that those who are already adults cannot learn how to play. The right violin teacher can help you out and will give you the violin lesson that you need.
If you do not have enough budget to engage a violin teacher especially with all the initial expenses that you had to pay in order to have your own violin, your option is to learn it on your own. Here are some of the tips that can help you out:
- Make sure that you will follow proper posture when you are playing. Trying to play the violin while having bad posture will not work at all. This will also have an effect on the way that you play so make sure that you will play properly. To follow proper posture, make sure that you will rest your feet flat on the ground.
- Your seat would have to be adjusted. This will make it easier for you to understand what you ought to do. Or stand up if you can.
- Make sure that you will follow the hand positions that are stated on the manuals and the videos that you will watch. If you will position your hands the wrong way, you will have a hard time playing the correct notes properly.
- It will be a good idea to get to know the various techniques that you can do in order to make it easier for you to learn how to play. Do remember that before you start doing techniques, make sure that already know how to make the basics first.
Other Violin Tips to Remember
There are still other tips that you ought to remember so that you can find it easier to learn how to play the violin:
- You have to be familiar with the notes that you are going to use. If you are not familiar with them, you will have a harder time trying to understand what notes can go with the different notes on the violin.
- You would have to watch some tutorial videos all over and over again until such time when you understand what you ought to do. It also does not mean that just because you got it the first time, you have already mastered it.
- You should always take time to practice. You have to accept the fact that playing violin entails hard work and if you would not practice, you will surely have a harder time playing the violin properly. It will take longer and longer until such time when your passion to do it will be lost. Do not let this happen to you.
- Remember that playing the violin is not like the piano. When you play the piano, you just need to press the correct key. But on the violin, you have to gauge the correct position on the string for the violin to produce the correct note.
- Develop your skills further by challenging yourself. There will be moments of triumphs when you are able to get through some of the challenges you have set for yourself but do not get tired of challenging yourself more and more.
The things mentioned above will always make you better so follow these tips to become good at playing the violin.