Profile Of Violin Teacher
- Over 20 years of teaching experience
- ABRSM Certificate of Teaching
- Grade 8 in Violin
- Grade 6 in Theory
- Conducted group and individual violin lessons.
- Taught students from 3 years old onwards
- Organize student concerts to provide performance opportunities for students
- Trained in Orff, Kodaly, Suzuki and Dalcroze teaching methods
- Teaching Location: Home studio at Jurong East, or student’s place at Jurong, West Coast, Clementi, Bukit Batok, River Valley, Orchard
Ms Connie has been teaching violin and music theory lessons for over 20 years, for kids and adults students, either in individual, or group lessons.
Over the years, she has successfully coached many students to do well in their grading certification, from Grade 1 to 8.
She also organise annual recitals to provide performance opportunities for her students to showcase their playing.
Ms Connie started her music journey at a young age, by learning the piano and violin. She then decided to take violin as her main instrument. She also sang in the choir and played in youth symphony orchestra throughout her teenage years.
Music is a big part of her life, and it allows her to express her feelings and thoughts, and through playing music, she can bring joy to others as well.
This is why she choose to be a violin teacher – to pass down her musical knowledge and skills to others, and to nurture learners to appreciate music too.
Ms Connie also customise her lessons depending on the needs, ability and personality of each student. Every student learn differently, and she will adjust her teaching accordingly to each student.
For her younger students, she will have more musical games via Orff, Kodaly, Suzuki, and Dalcroze methods during lessons. Students will also learn music theory and music appreciation.
For older students, she will emphasise more on playing techniques, using various learning materials like studies, repertoires from different musical periods and styles. She will also use play-along sound tracks during lessons to train her students for playing in a group setting, such as playing in a band, or orchestra.