Profile Of Violin Teacher
- Over 11 years of teaching experience
- Teaching since 2010
- Teaching in music schools and private students
- NAFA Diploma in Music
- Grade 8 in Violin
- Grade 6 in Theory
- Resident Violinist for Conrad Centennial Hotel from 2011 to 2013, performing weekly in hotel lounge and private hotel events.
- Finalist in 2013 Malaysian Youth Music Festival – Violin Young Artist Category.
- Participated in 2015 MusicAlp International Music Academy in Tignes, France
- Appeared as a violinist in one episode of Channel 8 Drama, 爱不迟疑
- Invited by Dato’ Kho Hui Meng, one of SMU’s board of trustees to perform at his father’s birthday in Kuching, Malaysia.
- Plays piano accompaniment for violin students
- Teaching Location: Home studio at Ang Mo Kio, and student’s homes at Bishan, Ang Mo Kio, Toa Payoh, Potong Pasir and other areas of Singapore
Hi, I’m Mr Steven, and I’ve been teaching the violin for over 11 years, teaching in music schools and also private students, for kids and adults, from beginners to Grade 8.
I enjoy teaching, and believe that anyone can be a musician as long they are genuinely interested, and put in the hard work. If I may quote Einstein, “Genius is 1% talent and 99% percent hard work”.
Outside of teaching, I also enjoy performing. I performed regularly in public and this allowed me to share my love of music and performance with others.
From 2011 to 2013, I was the Resident Violinist for Conrad Centennial Hotel, where I performed weekly on Friday and Saturday evenings in the lounge, and also other private events held in the hotel.
In 2017, I also as a violinist in one episode of Channel 8 Drama, 爱不迟疑. A short scene of me playing the violin for the film.
In 2019, I was invited by Dato’ Kho Hui Meng, one of SMU’s board of trustees to perform at his father’s birthday in Kuching, Malaysia.
I also participated in a few violin competitions. I was the finalist in 2013 Malaysian Youth Music Festival – Violin Young Artist Category.
In 2015, I participated in the MusicAlp International Music Academy in Tignes, France where I had the privilege to study under music professors from France and other countries, for 2 weeks.
I teaches my students for graded violin exams, and also teach them violin pieces they are interested in. I can also play the piano, and does piano accompaniment for violin students.
I teach at my own home studio at Ang Mo Kio, or at student’s place too. See you in my class!
English, Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesian
- Pop Violin Lessons
- Graded Violin Lessons
- Sight Reading Training
- Music Theory