Profile Of Violin Teacher
- Teaching Since 20117
- Over 4 years of teaching experience
- Full-Time Teacher
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) Degree from Royal College of Music – Principal Study in Violin Performance, Second Study in Piano Performance
- LRSM in Violin Performance
- LRSM in Piano Performance
- A level H3 Music Distinction
- Leading and assisting group music lessons, Suzuki violin classes and general music workshops
- Principal Second Violinist of Raffles Girls School (Secondary) String Ensemble
- Vice-Chairman and Concertmistress of Raffles Chamber Ensemble
- Pianist in Pop Singer Jayden Chia’s Band
- Performed with Orchestra of Music Makers and Asian Cultural Symphony Orchestra.
- Teaching Location: Home Studio at Yishun, or student’s place around Yishun, Sembawang, Woodlands, Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Serangoon.
Ms Farah is a Singaporean violinist and pianist who graduated from the Royal College of Music, under the tutelage of Itzhak Rashkovsky, Michal Cwizewicz, Berent Korfker and Kathron Sturrock.
Prior to this, she learnt the violin from Marietta Ku, and the piano from Timothy Ku, Paul Liang and Alice Yap.
Farah previously graduated from Raffles Girls’ School (Secondary), where she was part of the Music Elective Programme (MEP) and Principal Second Violinist of the Strings Ensemble.
Moving on to Raffles Institution, she was the Vice-Chairman and Concertmistress of the Raffles Chamber Ensemble, leading three concerts during her term, many of which featured unique arrangements she had written for the ensemble.
These include Faure’s Pavane, Xinyao Medley, as well as a Classical-Pop mashup. Apart from school ensembles, Farah has also performed in numerous concerts with established orchestras in Singapore, such as the Orchestra of Music Makers and Asian Cultural Symphony Orchestra.
As a soloist, Farah attained LRSM in both Piano and Violin Performance in 2017, and has played in masterclasses with renowned violinists, including Pierre Amoyal, Krzysztof Wegrzyn and Fanny Clamagirand. She is also an experienced piano accompanist and chamber musician.
In addition to Classical Music Performance, Farah is enthusiastic about music academia, obtaining a Distinction in her Higher 3 Music research paper for the Singapore-Cambridge A-level examination.
She has also been involved in the local arts scene, street busking and raising funds for community projects, and most recently accompanying as a pianist with singer Jayden Chia at the Esplanade Concourse.
As a music teacher, Farah is passionate about making music accessible for all, especially for the disadvantaged, to help anyone fulfil their potential through music.
- Leisure Violin Lessons
- Graded Violin Lessons
- Sight Reading Training
- Music Theory